Monday, April 10, 2006

Beer is Good

I am a total beer snob and I'm totally not afraid to admit it. I live in a city where beer is an art, a religion, a hobby. It's not just a drink. So, as part of this blog, I want to give you the heads up on some of the city's best hops and barley libations. Today's brewery of choice: Breckenridge. There are 3 locations of this venerable institution. The one located on Main St. in the brewery's namesake town and the location at 2220 Blake St. are both more brewpub/restaurant than straight up bar. If I want to eat with my beer, I certainly hit up the Blake St. locale, which has an awesome sausage and cheese app. But for just straight-up beer (and some not-too-shabby bbq), I recommend the location at 471 Kalamath St. You just missed the amazing Vanilla Porter (produced only Jan-Mar), but you can now get your hands on the seasonal Summerbright all the way until August. This is a fruity wheat beer that goes perfectly with a hot summer day. So go out, drink beer, enjoy the summer, and thank me later.

2 comments:

This space left blank said...

I just started reading your blog and love it! I very much regret reading it at work where I cannot get my mitts on any of the available cup cakes or pizzas, but I'll pull thru. "Beer snob" is where I realized I had to let you know I appreciate the reads!

I Ate Denver said...

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I promise I will be updating again soon- there are plenty more beers to be drank and cupcakes to be eaten.